Summit bid

After patiently waiting for three days at high camp, Mike feels that conditions are good enough to attempt a summit bid.  They are teamed up with another Mountain Trip team and will travel together throughout the day.  Stay tuned for updates.

Share Button

Summit attempt

Pi, Zack and Qobin are leaving high camp in a few minutes to see if conditions will permit a summit bid.  They are joined by another Mountain Trip team who have been holding at high camp for a few days, and they all plan to travel together today.  They are going to keep me updated,…

North Peak summit success

The Northwest Buttress team has summitted the north summit of Denali at 19,470′.  They left their high camp at 16,400′ yesterday and finished climbing the last section of the Northwest buttress to the north summit.  They were out of communication but contacted a Mountain Trip team camped at the 17,200′ camp on the West Buttress…

Possible Summit Day!

The team is considering going for the top today, and judging from the Talkeetna Air Taxi webcam, it sure looks like a beauty!  We have three teams poised to summit today, so maybe they’ll have a Mountain Trip party on the summit.  We’ll keep you posted as the day unfolds.

Share Button

To All Mountain Trip Teams

We just heard about another accident on Denali that occurred last night.  This was not a Mountain Trip team.  All our climbers are doing fine at this time. Details are not clear at this time, but apparently four climbers roped together fell while descending from Denali Pass.  Two of the climbers did not survive.  We…

Rest day yesterday

Eric Larson’s expedition took a rest day at high camp yesterday, and reported a change of plans.  The expedition is now attempting to climb the upper West Rib, which means they can leave from 14k camp on the West Buttress instead of descending to the Northeast Fork and starting the route from there.  This means…