One of the benefits of 24 hours of sunlight, is that you can work when you have the opportunity to work… The team awoke to windy conditions today (Dec 11), but as the day progressed, they found themselves looking at weather conditions that were trending towards better and better, so they packed up and headed…Details
We just received word that the team remained at Low Camp today. Apparently the wind is blowing strong and steady up high, and the team made the decision to remain at Low Camp until the weather becomes a bit more settled. It appears that the weather is trending better the next couple of days, so…Details
Sandra called in the team report today from Low Camp, where the team has been hunkered down waiting out a wind storm. It sounds like the team was able to get out and about today, hiking below beautiful Mt. Shinn and practicing some skills. The team is staying warm and comfortable, and if the weather…Details
Hello and thank you for following our Aconcagua expedition! J.Y. and I had a great time on this trip. We experienced a variety of weather during the expedition: wonderful weather down low and some very high winds and snow at Camps 2 and 3. We battled 60 mph winds and snow on the 8th and…Details
Joe Butler called from Low Camp on Mount Vinson, where the team has been busy preparing for what looks like a wind event that has been building throughout the day. They have fortified their camp’s snow walls and double-checked their tent anchors, in anticipation of what could become a rowdy evening.
The team moved up to Camp 1 or “Low Camp” today and they are doing great. It’s a bit cold, as is to be expected in Antarctica, but the weather has been pretty nice, and they are taking advantage of the sunshine.
Joe had the honors of calling in for the team dispatch tonight:
JY Called in tonight with the report from high camp on Aconcagua at about 19,800 ft. They spent an extra day in some windy weather at Camp 2, and they are planning to take a rest day again tomorrow on what is forecast to be another pretty windy day. They are doing great, and anticipate…
The Mountain Trip Vinson Team flew down to the Union Glacier base in Antarctica yesterday in the big Russian jet, and then continued on in a smaller ski plane to Vinson Base Camp. They settled in and spent the day making preparations to head on up to Camp 1 tomorrow. We’re pretty proud of our…
J.Y. and Jacob are waiting out the weather at Camp 2 again today. Yesterday and last night were quite windy, but it has eased up a bit today and allowed them to et out of camp for an acclimatization hike. They plan to move up to high camp tomorrow! Listen to the call from Camp…
Jacob called in today to report that they are hunkered down at Camp 2. Blowing snow and high winds prevented the team from moving up, but they are doing well and resting. We’ll hear more from the team tomorrow.