HONEY BADGERS HOLDING AT 16,200 FT

Yesterday the Rib team rested and hydrated, waiting for a break in the weather. Marty reported high winds and new snow, but also a positive change in barometric pressure which may indicate improving weather. If things look good today, Tuesday, the team will mobilize and start heading up.

Here’s Marty:

recording

Share Button

JUNE 17TH TEAM: CAMP 1 TO BASE CAMP EPIC

The June 17th team is safely in base camp awaiting a flight to Talkeetna after an epic 11 hour slog through 3 feet of new snow. Yesterday it snowed and snowed, making it slow going, but the team toughed it out. They will be rewarded with a hot meal and a cold beverage, soon!

Share Button

HONEY BADGERS CAMPED AT 16200

Late yesterday evening Marty called in to report that the team is safety at 16,200 ft camp. They had a big day moving from 14,200 to 16,200, but the team was moving well and they successfully navigated some tricky sections of the route. After some rest, the team plans to make a summit push n…

June 26th Team Waiting for the Weather

The team spent the day watching the snow and wind up at Camp 3 today.  Yesterday they were able to go back down and pick up the cache they’d left a few days earlier down near Windy Corner.  They are doing well, but anxious for some sunny skies and calm winds.

Share Button

June 24th Team Carried to 16,400 ft

The team carried a load of gear up to 16,400 ft yesterday, and were hoping to move to high camp as early as today.  The weather doesn’t look like it is going to cooperate for a move today, but it is expected to improve by Tuesday.

Share Button

June 17th Team at 7,800 ft/Camp 1

They are working their way down the mountain, but once again the weather isn’t cooperating with the climbers, and they are at 7,800 ft waiting for the snow to stop before continuing to base camp.  They descended to Camp 1 late last night, and set up tents as the snowfall intensity picked up.  It continued…