Karen got a bit cut off, but was able to let us all know that they were able to make their back carry today and now have all of their supplies at hand. They had left a cache below their 11,200′ camp several days ago, but had been unable to get down to retrieve it,…Details
Jacob called in from 11,200′ on the team’s 7th day at this elevation. The storm that has been sitting on them has prevented them from moving up to the next camp, but it appears that the weather is trying to change. Everyone is doing well, but they are eager to get moving on up the…Details
I’m not entirely certain who called in a report from 14,200′ today, but it might be Geert-Jan? If anyone recognizes the caller, please let me know! The team has been busy maintaining their camp in the heavy snowfall of recent days. They finally saw the sun after three days of thick clouds, and that has…Details
The snow continues to fall on the mountain, with teams reporting significant accumulations at all elevations. The forecast is for more of the same, with winds increasing on the upper mountain over the weekend. Everyone is just sitting tight, working on their camps, which is a never-ending routine when the snow falls. Tents need to…Details
Our team is holding at Camp 2 right now as we watch the developments with the weather. All Sherpas and team member Manoj are in Camp 2 safe and sound, while we are watching the forecasts. There still appears to be a good window from the 21st onwards, although the back end is starting to…Details
From the sound of things, the team is feeling a bit like they are inside a ping pong ball, with views of white in all directions. It has been snowing consistently, and it seems the team is preparing for the upper mountain by eating, and eating… As we like to say around here, we can’t…Details
Karen and Mary called in to give us an update from the stormy 11,200′ camp. It has been snowing a lot and the winds have picked up of late as well. The forecast is for more snow, so the team has spent their time fortifying their camp in preparation for the continued storm. Spirits are…Details
We’ve not heard much from the teams, and I can’t really blame them for not being too excited to step outside to call in an audio post, as the weather on the mountain has been pretty rough in recent days. Winds and snow have kept our teams hunkered down at their respective camps, and I…Details
Manoj called in a report today from Camp 2. He climbed up from Everest Base Camp and will spend two nights at Camp 2 before moving up to Camp 3. The forecast is looking pretty good for a summit attempt on the 21st, and that is the goal at present.
Best of luck Manoj!!
It has been a cloudy evening here in Base Camp. After weeks of waiting and getting ready to go, Manoj and DaWang Chu are off to Camp 2 tonight. They are looking at a window of summiting of the 21st and 22nd. Earlier this morning there was some delay with other teams up at the…