Trip Reports

Camp 4!

On the way! All our team is now in Camp 4 resting and getting ready for tonight. The weather is really quite good, probably nicer than in Base Camp, where it is snowing and sleeting this afternoon. We have 3 Sherpas supporting Manoj Vora for his summit go this evening. There were quite a few…

May 8th Team – Moved to 14,200′

Jacob called in a post that did not fully transmit over the temperamental satellite phone service available at such northern latitudes.  I’ll leave his brief message live for those who will enjoy hearing even a brief snippet of his voice. The team was finally able to move up out of the 11,200′ camp!  They pushed…

May 5 Team – Day 7 at 14,200′

Steve checked in to give us an update on the team’s waiting at the big basin camp at 14,200′.  They’ve been here a couple of extra days, waiting on the weather to break.  It seems as if the snow has let up, but it is still very, very windy up high.  For a fascinating description…

Moving to the South Col!

Hi All, here is a quick update: our team is moving up to Camp 4 today. Summit teams are reporting very cold and windy conditions up higher, but below the South Col conditions are good. The forecast is looking very good and anticipate a summit go on the 21st, later tonight Nepal time. Manoj is…

Up in Camp 3!

Good news today! Manoj and our Sherpas are in Camp 3 at close to 24,000 ft. Everything is going well! The team is enjoying great weather, a good forecast and their plans are set for a move on up to the South Col tomorrow. 60 some people summitted today in good conditions, making it the…