May 29 Denali Team Moved To Camp 1!

Lead Guide Eli Potter called in from Camp 1 on the Kahiltna Glacier.  He describes today as a “Goldilocks Day,” not too hot and not too cold.  The trail was firm and made for relatively easy travel as the team hiked about five miles up the 44 mile long Kahiltna Glacier. The vastness of the…

Details

May 15 Team Caches at 16,400′

Marlies Neefjes (I think!?) called in from our May 15th team.  Her message is entirely in Dutch, so if anyone out there can help translate, “Help alstublieft!!” The team took advantage of an absolutely perfect day to carry loads of supplies up the steepest part of the West Buttress route, caching their loads above what…

Details

New Audio Recording

recording

Share Button

West Rib Team Moves To High Camp!!!

Lead Guide Sebastian Grau called in from 17,200′ this afternoon, after our West Rib team climbed up to high Camp in a very fast time of under five hours!  The team did great and moved amazingly well, a tribute to their training and to the fact that they set a modern-era Mountain Trip record of…

May 19 Team Holding at 11 Camp

It was a snowy, windy morning with low visibility at 11 camp and the team decided to stay in camp. It sounds like the weather cleared up a bit in the afternoon, and Lead Guide Adam reports clear skies for the first time in days.

Here’s Adam:

recording

Share Button

May 15 Team holding at 14 Camp

14 Camp received 12″ of new snow overnight, and while the team woke up to blue skies, the team decided to allow the new snow to settle before moving up the fixed lines. It sounds like everyone is eager to get climbing and they are keeping spirits high. According to Paul, the team was able…

May 28 Shan Team – At Base Camp!

Lead Guide Brian Kramp called in on behalf of Shan Huang to let us know that they flew into Base Camp under clear, blue skies.  Glenn Cramer and Taylor Pyle made a lap up the broad Kahiltna Glacier to drop loads of gear at the site of the team’s planned Camp 1 on their ascent…

May 22 Team – Weather Day at 11,200′

Anna Wheeler called in from the beautiful basin camp at 11,200′ this evening.  The weather in the morning had been really rough, but later in the day, it cleared and became downright hot and sunny!  The challenge for the team was that by the time things cleared and warmed, they had already made the decision…