HONEY BADGERS HOLDING AT 16,200 FT

Yesterday the Rib team rested and hydrated, waiting for a break in the weather. Marty reported high winds and new snow, but also a positive change in barometric pressure which may indicate improving weather. If things look good today, Tuesday, the team will mobilize and start heading up.

Here’s Marty:

recording

Share Button

JUNE 17TH TEAM: CAMP 1 TO BASE CAMP EPIC

The June 17th team is safely in base camp awaiting a flight to Talkeetna after an epic 11 hour slog through 3 feet of new snow. Yesterday it snowed and snowed, making it slow going, but the team toughed it out. They will be rewarded with a hot meal and a cold beverage, soon!

Share Button

HONEY BADGERS CAMPED AT 16200

Late yesterday evening Marty called in to report that the team is safety at 16,200 ft camp. They had a big day moving from 14,200 to 16,200, but the team was moving well and they successfully navigated some tricky sections of the route. After some rest, the team plans to make a summit push n…