MAY 3 FORBES TEAM: HERE’S ANDY!

Andy Forbes just called in an update on the team. They are enjoying a rest day at high camp, getting prepared for a summit attempt tomorrow, weather permitting. Best of luck to the team! After nine days at 14 Camp, it must feel good to be on the move again.

Here’s Andy:

recording

Share Button

Off to the Summit Tonight!

After a day of rest at the South Col, our small team is leaving in one short hour for the to! It’s not the best forecast, with winds of 20-25, but there are reports of only 30-40 people going tonight which allows a lot faster moving up and back. Manoj and the Sherpas are ready,…

Camp 4!

On the way! All our team is now in Camp 4 resting and getting ready for tonight. The weather is really quite good, probably nicer than in Base Camp, where it is snowing and sleeting this afternoon. We have 3 Sherpas supporting Manoj Vora for his summit go this evening. There were quite a few…

May 8th Team – Moved to 14,200′

Jacob called in a post that did not fully transmit over the temperamental satellite phone service available at such northern latitudes.  I’ll leave his brief message live for those who will enjoy hearing even a brief snippet of his voice. The team was finally able to move up out of the 11,200′ camp!  They pushed…

May 5 Team – Day 7 at 14,200′

Steve checked in to give us an update on the team’s waiting at the big basin camp at 14,200′.  They’ve been here a couple of extra days, waiting on the weather to break.  It seems as if the snow has let up, but it is still very, very windy up high.  For a fascinating description…

Moving to the South Col!

Hi All, here is a quick update: our team is moving up to Camp 4 today. Summit teams are reporting very cold and windy conditions up higher, but below the South Col conditions are good. The forecast is looking very good and anticipate a summit go on the 21st, later tonight Nepal time. Manoj is…