Delay in posting

Hi All, I received a message from Scott that was pretty garbled, but it sounded like they were down at high camp. I’m sitting aboard a plane that is preparing to fly, so I cannot post until we land in about six hours. I’ll confirm that they are back in camp as soon as I…

Details

SUMMIT!!!!

Bill called in from the summit of Mount Everest about an hour ago!!! He reported that it was a beautiful day and that Ephi, Neal, Chris and he were standing on the summit.  Scott was just behind with Newall, Irek and Gregg, so it looks like the team has seen 100% on top.  They will…

Details

Call from Aaron Kurland

Aaron gives us the run-down of their skill building day. All are well and Happy Birthday to lead guide, Dave Ahrens!!!

[audio:http://mountaintripdenali2011.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/audio-post-2011-05-20-03-00-35.mp3|titles=Audio Post]
Share Button

Call from the South Col

Bill called in a few hours ago to give us an update on the weather and their plans for the next summit attempt!  The winds are dying down and they can see the stars…it looks like a beautiful day for the next push up high.

Click here to hear Bill:

[audio:http://mountaintrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/fc5dacd441e38b8be51bdd69f75ee9c3ca2c10fd.mp3]
Share Button

Pi and Qobin at 11,200′

[audio:http://mountaintripdenali2011.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/audio-post-2011-05-19-03-15-45.mp3|titles=Audio Post]
Share Button

Eric Larson from 11,200′

Eric called from the beautiful basin camp at 11,200′.  They had a leisurely day yesterday and did a backcarry, meaning that they dropped back down to the cache that they left two days ago at about 10,300′. This involved dropping down out of camp for about a 20 minute hike and digging up the food…

Turned Around!

Lead Guide Scott Woolums called a few minutes ago to tell us that they have aborted this summit attempt.  The winds were too strong, and on the increase.  There are about 30 people high on Everest, near and above a feature called the “balcony”.  All members of our team are safe and sound, back at…

Going for the Summit!

We got a call early in the morning from the team at Camp 4, who has made the decision to attempt the summit today!   We will post an update as soon as we get one. Choosing an appropriate time to make an attempt is a complex process. We use information from the most current…

Special Call From Ron!

[audio:http://mountaintripdenali2011.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/audio-post-2011-05-18-04-52-07.mp3|titles=Audio Post]
Share Button

Call From 14,200′

Eric Gullickson called in to report that the team had a great day carrying loads up to the ridge at roughly 16,400′.  They moved well and are hoping for good weather to move up to high camp on the 18th.

Here’s Eric!

[audio:http://mountaintripdenali2011.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/audio-post-2011-05-18-04-46-12.mp3|titles=Audio Post]
Share Button