Telluride Rock Climbing
We’re fortunate as passionate climbers that Telluride is surrounded by numerous types of rock and styles of climbing. From single-pitch top-rope outings to committing, exposed multi-pitch traditional routes that ascend a thousand feet, the San Juans feature the best in guided rock climbing. We offer full or half day outings, depending on your goals and objectives. Our highly-trained guides can accommodate all levels of experience. For all of our rock climbing trips, we provide the technical equipment including helmets, harnesses and climbing shoes. Climbers may use their own gear if they prefer. Click buttons below to register:
Half Day Full Day Family Half Day
We also offer custom courses for climbers looking to learn the basics or to progress their personal skillset, such as progressing to lead climbing, high-alpine routes, or placing trad protection. Route grades in our area run from moderate to 5.13 and harder.
Telluride Area Rock Climbing Venues
- Pipeline Wall (sport climbs)
- Mill Creek (sport climbs)
- Ophir Wall (everything from top rope to long, multi-pitch)
- Ophir Needles (the essence of alpine rock climbs – long and committing!)
- The Dark Side (trad and sport routes)
- Waterfall Canyon (high alpine sport climbs in a spectacular setting!)
- Sandstone (Crack!) Climbs in the West End
- …and so much more.