Telluride Rock Climbing
We’re fortunate as passionate climbers that Telluride is surrounded by numerous types of rock and styles of climbing. From single-pitch top-rope outings to committing, exposed multi-pitch, traditional routes that ascend a thousand feet, the San Juans feature the best in guided rock climbing. We offer full or half day outings, depending on your goals and objectives. Our highly-trained guides can accommodate all levels of experience, from the seasoned climber looking to improve specific skills, to families looking for an exciting day together in the mountains. For all of our rock climbing trips, we provide the technical equipment, including helmets, harnesses, any needed gear, and climbing shoes. Climbers may use their own gear if they prefer.
We also offer custom courses for climbers looking to learn the basics or to hone their skills to better achieve personal goal, such as progressing to lead climbing, high-alpine routes or placing traditional protection. Route grades in our area run from the very moderate to 5.13 and harder.
Telluride Area Rock Climbing Venues:
- Pipeline Wall (sport climbs)
- Mill Creek (sport climbs)
- Ophir Wall (everything from top rope to long, multi-pitch)
- Ophir Needles (the essence of alpine rock climbs – long and committing!)
- The Dark Side (trad and sport routes)
- Waterfall Canyon (high alpine sport climbs in a spectacular setting!)
- Sandstone (Crack!) Climbs in the West End
- …and so much more.