Going for the Summit!

Pearl and Anis along with guides Kim Grant and Dan Starr left for the summit this morning as they watched the weather improve a bit. They hope to take advantage of a break from the winds and snow and get to the top late today.   Cason and Tyler remained in high camp and will be…

Details

June 15th Team Update

The June 15th team had an interesting day on Denali, and they are spread out in a couple of different camps as Suzanne is descending with a cold injury on one hand accompanied by Beau and teamed up with another Mountain Trip team.  Cason joined yet a different Mountain Trip team with just one other…

Details

June 24th Team moved to High Camp

Viviane called in from the June 24th Team from High Camp at 17,200 ft this evening.  They woke to much nicer weather than was forecast, and made the climb up another 3000 ft to high camp.  They could go to the summit as early as tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

recording

Share Button

Denali June 23 Team – Moving On Up!

Sargent First Class Keith Kimball called in from 11,200′ on the west side of Denali.  The team’s progress was hampered somewhat by a storm that sat on them for a few days, dumping snow.  They are planning to move on up to 14,200′ tomorrow and establish themselves in a big basin, which is often recognized…