Vinson Team at Union Glacier Camp

The team called in from their camp on the Union Glacier where they landed yesterday after flying in from Chile.  They are waiting now to fly to the Vinson Base Camp and will be on the ski planes as soon as the clouds lift.

Here’s the call from the team in Antarctica.

recording

Share Button

December 4 Vinson Team – weather hold until tomorrow

Well, the flight service has told the team that they won’t fly until tomorrow morning, at the earliest.  The winds down on the Union Glacier are still too high to land the Ilushyn aircraft.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed that they can all fly tomorrow!

Share Button