Sorry for the delay in adding this team to our blog, but the holiday weekend snuck up on us. On May 27th, a group of climbers met in Anchorage to meet three Mountain Trip guides and make the final preparations for their expedition up Denali. The team spent the day discussing the details of the…Details
Good news and bad news from the Khumbu! Ania, Joerg and Albert are all in Lukla tonight awaiting for a flight to Kathmandu tomorrow. Tim, Jacob and I are in Namche and we are planning to hike to Lukla tomorrow. That’s the good news, the bad news is that flights from Lukla to Kathmandu have…Details
Mike Burmeister called to report a mellow day at camp 3. The team rested to get strong for the move to high camp tomorrow, if weather and conditions cooperate.
Eric Larson reported the expedition traveling from camp 3 to 13,500′ to pick up their cache. Today they will most likely carry up the fixed lines to cache more food and gear on the ridge, possibly as high as 16,400′.
Caitlin called to report the team moving from 14k towards basecamp. They are planning on reaching basecamp tomorrow morning and will fly as soon as the weather permits it.
We’re down and – Wow! Does it feel good to be all the way down (and safe!) in Base Camp! Here’s a quick summary of the last few days. We began our summit push on the 21st, leaving Base Camp for Camp 2. We had perfect weather for that move up through the Khumbu Icefall.…
John Race reported at 12:30 am the entire summit team having returned to camp after summiting Denali. Expedition member Steph returned to camp with 3rd guide Dan Starr from Denali Pass earlier in the day, where she remained as the rest of the team continued upward. Steph is still in good health; this is a…