Upper West Rib Team at Base Camp

Team leader PI just called in to report that the team is safe and sound at Base Camp, where they are waiting on a flight back to Talkeetna. It’s cloudy and snowy, so the team will be standing by until the weather clears and the planes can fly. It sounds like the team is resting, relaxing, and enjoying some well deserved cold (!) beverages after their 9,000 + ft descent. Yesterday the team made the difficult decision to begin the descent, and as Scot points out in the audio portion of this post, it turned out to be a good decision based on continued high winds on the upper mountain.  Good job, team!

Here’s PI and Scot:


Share Button

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.