May 17 West Buttress Team rest day at High Camp

Jason Swan called in from the May 17th team.  They are nestled in at the 17,200′ High Camp, awaiting a break in the series of low pressure systems that have kept them from making a summit bid thus far.  They have plenty of time, and are in good spirits; they just need a bit of a break in the wind and snow to push the last 3000′ to the top of Denali.

Here’s Jason!

recording

(Apologies, if you saw this earlier and it was a bit confusing!  We had a bit of a technical glitch with accessing the server to fully edit the post.)

Share Button
3 Comments
  1. ML

    Excellent that you have extra days to sit the weather out. Fingers crossed for that 12 hour window soon allowing you all to summit.
    More eye spy?🤨😆.

  2. Brendan

    Here’s hoping there’s a break in the weather!

  3. The Maiden and the Swans

    So great to hear your voice. We are all anxiously awaiting news of your summit! We love you and miss you. R, J & O xxx PS: No appendicitis or other hospitalisations while you are away this time!

Leave Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

clear formSubmit

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.