May 13 Denali West Buttress Team experiencing the ‘Talkeetna Hang’

Guide Karl Welter updated us that the May 13 Denali West Buttress team is waiting on their weather window in Talkeetna to fly onto the Kahiltna Glacier to Denali Base Camp.

Often, the weather may be clear at higher elevations, but low hanging clouds impede visibility; flying through large, glaciated peaks that can create their own weather is tricky enough with full visibility and clear skies.

The team is hoping to fly in this afternoon or tomorrow, depending on the weather! We will post updates when we received them. In the meantime, they will likely continue to carb load in Talkeetna’s various establishments and discuss glacier travel skills so they will be able to “hit the mountain running.”

Our fingers are crossed for a bit of high pressure for the team!

Share Button
7 Comments
  1. Gail Foreman- Andersen

    Hope they get out today!

  2. Nichole

    Good looking crew! Thanks for posting!

  3. Nichole

    Great looking group! Be safe!

  4. Certa Bono

    Forza team del 13-maggio… aspettiamo la foto della cima!😃

  5. Andrea

    Enjoy Yourselves and look after each other. Go Colin!!!!

  6. Alina ROSOLEK

    Asiu & Ewald
    Gpood luck to you and to the whole team…
    I am with you… Enjoy every moment….
    Love you
    mama

Leave Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

clear formSubmit

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.