May 13 West Buttress Team to move to High Camp (weather permitting)

Mountain Trip lead guide Dan Starr called in with an update on the May 13 West Buttress team, who have spent nine days at 14-Camp waiting out the storm.

The wind has finally died down, the severely cold temperatures have risen a few degrees, but the weather is still not clear and certainty not warm by any standards. Over the next couple of days, the weather should clear and gradually improve.

The team has been waiting on a weather window for a long time now, and plan to head out up to High Camp at 17,200′ at the first chance they get. They will likely spend the day packed up and ready to move if the weather permits.

Here’s Dan with the quick update:

Share Button

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.