June 16 Denali team – Waiting for snows to abate at 14,000′

Mountain Trip guide Robert “Durny” Durnell called in with an update on the June 16 Denali West Buttress Expedition, who are currently at 14,200′-camp, planning to move higher within the next several days, weather permitting.

Guide Brian Kramp is descending with the majority of the expedition, who did not want to continue to wait for a weather window to head higher that may not come.

Here’s Durny with the update, and a happy belated 4th of July to those in the lowlands!

Share Button


  1. Do you know which climbers are descending? Fan had told me they were likely to descend a few days ago (I know there was too much snow), but I wanted to check if a group was still attempting to summit.

    Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.