Scott checked in again today, after getting rained out of the very nice pool they had been spending the day next to. They have been delayed a day for their flight to the small village of Sugapa, but the plan is for the team to fly tomorrow morning. There is a dirt track leading from the town toward Carstensz Pyramid, and Scott has negotiated a shuttle by motorcycle to get a jump on the trek.
All is well and spirits are high. We’ve got our fingers crossed that the rains will abate and the team can make their flight in the morning.
Until then… Best of luck to the team!