June 28th team waiting out the weather

A stormy day up on Denali kept the team from moving today, but the weather broke this evening and they are enjoying a beautiful night.   It snowed another few inches today, and they had a bit of wind, but nothing too serious.  They are excited to see the skies clear up tonight, and are hoping to move up to high camp tomorrow if they wake up to blue skies in the morning.  Everyone is doing well, and by now they are well rested, acclimated, and motivated to go up the mountain.  The forecast is pretty good for tomorrow, so they are anxious to see what the day brings.

Here’s Joe.

[audio:http://mountaintrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/audio-post-2011-07-13-06-33-26.mp3|titles=Audio Post]
Share Button

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.